The successor to the groundbreaking post war Jaguar XK120 of 1948, the XK140 was manufactured by Jaguar between 1954 and 1957. Upgrades included more interior space, improved brakes, rack and pinion steering, increased suspension travel, and telescopic shock absorbers.
Dispatched 2nd February 1956 to Rossleigh of Edinburgh, chassis 800063 was specified with an ‘S’ Suffix engine number indicating that the engine was fitted with a “C” type cylinder head. This is confirmed by the Jaguar Heritage Certificate.
Just 73 XK140s were built as ‘Open Two-Seater’ in Right Hand Drive configuration.
Chassis 800063 was specified to be finished in cream with red interior, a white soft top and a manual gearbox with overdrive.
The original owner and registration number are not recorded on the Heritage Certificate and not much is known about the XK’s early life until June 1965 when chassis 63 was purchased by Mrs Mary Blair of Wivenhoe near Colchester, Essex.
A cheque for £250.00 was accepted as full payment for Jaguar XK140, registration number JF 216 by Motorway Sports Cars Ltd of Faversham, Kent. A copy of the original buff logbook and copy of the sales receipt are on file.
Mrs Blair kept chassis 63 until the early 2000’s when ownership passed to the current registered keeper. The last tax disc on file is dated 1989.
On file are wonderful period photographs in both colour and black and white of Mr & Mrs Blair with chassis 63. During her early ownership the original colour was changed from cream to red with a black soft top. These original photographs also show chassis 63 in ‘SE’ specification with wire wheels, spotlights and twin exhaust, although it is not indicated as such by chassis number prefix of ‘S’ or recorded as such on the Heritage Certificate.
Chassis 63 had spent many years off the road and needed full restoration by the early 2000’s. The new owner made the decision to have the XK fully restored to factory specification. This work was entrusted to the award-winning Jaguar restoration company Fullbridge Restorations of Maldon Essex. Fullbridge Restorations went into liquidation around 6 years ago and the restoration passed to Warren Classics of Hertfordshire. Total restoration was completed in time for the Wedding of the current owners Daughter in September 2019. Since that time, chassis 63 has remained in storage with Hadleigh Group of Essex.
Now publicly for sale for the first time since 1965, chassis 63 has been professionally restored to what is believed to be original specification retaining the original engine block.
Please contact us for further information.
+44 (0) 7774 953111
Cars International Heritage
15 Purdeys Way,
+44 (0) 1702 531758